How to Use a Mini Bong
Using your mini bong is pretty simple.
- Make sure that all the parts are clean and intact.
- Fill up your mini bong’s base with water. Make sure that the water flows directly to the water chamber below. If the percolator in your mini bong stops the water for going down the base, you can blow through the chamber to force the water down.
- Make sure that the water level is optimal. Completely submerge slit in the downstem. In the absence of slits, check to see if the bottom opening is covered with up to half an inch of water.
- Grind your herb and place it inside the bowl or weed socket. Don’t pack it in too tightly. Otherwise, the smoke won’t go in. Don’t put in too much herb, either, if you’re smoking alone. You can always add more later.
- Hold the mini bong with your non-dominant hand. Cover the carb hole with your thumb.
- Place your lips inside the mouthpiece hole. Suck in a bit of air to create a vacuum inside the mini bong.
- Hold the lighter with your dominant hand and light up the herb inside the bong bowl. Observe the herb. There should be a beautiful glowing amber in the bowl.
- Keeping your finger on the carb hole, take a drag by sucking up the water. This action intensifies the vacuum inside the mini bong, causing smoke to accumulate inside the chamber. Use your diaphragm as you inhale.
- Keep your lips inside the mouthpiece and relax your breathing. Release the carb hole and inhale strongly.
- Remove your thumb carb hole once you got a good drag. This releases the vacuum and lets the smoke go up the chamber quickly up to your lungs.
- Keep the smoke in, and exhale slowly.
Tips and tricks:
- You can do repeated drags by pressing and releasing the carb hole.
- Make sure that the water chamber is properly filled. A mini bong is just like a dry pipe if you don’t fill it up with the right amount of water. Don’t over-fill because it’s easier to get splashed due to a short chamber.
- Mini bongs have a stronger drag since the percolation is pretty much small and primitive.
- Always clean your mini bong regularly. Dispose of used bong water; fill the water chamber with coarse salt and 90% isopropyl alcohol. Click here to see step-by-step instructions on how to clean your mini bong.